Unknown illness affecting dogs in Norway
10 September 2019
There is a unknown illness affecting dogs in Norway resulting in some fatalities. The Norwegian Food Safety Authority are investigating the cause, but no conclusion has been reached. As long as the situation remains unresolved, we advise all dog owners to take the following precautions.
Advice for dog owners:
- Keep your dog on a lead in order to avoid close contact with other dogs
- Gatherings of dogs should be avoided.
- Don’t let your dog sniff/greet other dogs when out walking
- Don`t let your dog sniff areas or eat material where other dogs might have been
- If your dog experiences bloody or gushing diarrhea, vomiting or deteriorating condition, contact your veterinarian
- Call ahead to the veterinarian before you bring your dog to the clinic
- Follow the advice of your veterinarian, especially regarding vaccines.